Mary Magdalen House
Mary Magdalen House was originally opened in 1988 in Cincinnati, Ohio led by Rev. Byers of Old St. Mary’s Church, Jim and Joan Gardner and several other parishioners when it became clear to them people living in the neighborhood needed a bath house. Jim felt passionate that everyone deserved to be treated with dignity for their basic human needs. The Mary Magdalen House provides a safe and pleasant place to shower, shave, use a toilet, have clothes laundered, use a phone and receive mail. During his lifetime, Jim and the Gardner family provided critical financial support and guidance to the House and the family continues his legacy of devotion with several family members serving on the Board. The House recently moved to its new renovated location at the St. Anthony Center in Over-the-Rhine.
The James J. and Joan A. Gardner Family Foundation
8044 Montgomery Rd. | Cincinnati, Oh 45236 | 513-964-1126 | © 2020