A legacy of positive change
A LEGACY OF POSITIVE CHANGE
“And to whomever much is given, much shall be required.” - Luke 12:48
The verse from the Gospel of Luke was always a favorite of Jim and Joan Gardner. Lifelong Cincinnatians, the Gardners cherished the community where they spent a lifetime together and raised their family. Jim was one of the driving forces behind the global success of Cintas Corporation, retiring as Vice President in 1988 and serving on the Board of Directors until 2004. Through its success, the couple would find the means to give generously to the causes that were making a difference in their community. In 1994, they started the James J. and Joan A. Gardner Family Foundation, driven by their faith to make a life-giving and life-changing impact across the region.
From establishing Mary Magdalen House in Over-the-Rhine to building the Gardner Family Center for Parkinson’s Disease at the University of Cincinnati, Jim and Joan have left an indelible mark and a legacy of selfless philanthropy, and always with quiet dignity and humility. That legacy continues to grow and prosper as the Foundation works to fulfill Jim and Joan’s vision.
The James J. and Joan A. Gardner Family Foundation
8044 Montgomery Rd. | Cincinnati, Oh 45236 | 513-964-1126 | © 2020